The first thing that came to my mind when I started looking through the app store is that this is similar to what I found several years ago when I had a Visor. I wanted apps and found the site "Tucows" http://www.tucows.com/. That is a great site that has a whole bunch freeware/shareware/paid programs for several different operating systems (windows/mac/linux/web/pda). The thing that is different about the app store is that I don't have to synch with my pc to get the app on the iPhone.
I found out that I would be looking through the store and got a bit overwhelmed with reading about so many apps, and alot of them seemed to do the same thing. The cool thing about the app store is that there are user ratings and reviewes for each of the apps. This way I could be spared alot of grief on some of the applications where several other users had issues. I could also see if two similar apps had different user experiences, and perhaps that could help me choose the best one for me.
There are a few different ways to find apps. The app store has:
- Featured applications (new and what's hot)
- Top 25 apps (both paid and free)
- Categories (20 in total including - Games, Entertainment, Utilities, Social Networking, Music, Productivity, Lifestyle, Reference, Travel, Sports, Navigation, Healthcare & Fitness, News, Photography, Finance, Business, Education, Weather, Books, Medical
- Search
Ok, I was ready for my first download. . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment