Monday, December 15, 2008

What iPhone app would I be willing to spend money on?

Ok, so I've downloaded several Free iPhone applications. But is there anything out there that I would be willing to pay for? The answer is yes. I did find a couple of applications that I thought would make my life easier.

The first application I purchased was something similar to what I had purchased a few years ago for my Visor. It was a Shopping application where you can create an electronic shopping list and then check the items off as you go. The neat thing is that you can group your items on the list by aisle, so you are not running around the store looking for things. The application also tallies the cost of your shopping basked, so you know what you are in store for. There were a number of applications I looked at in the category. The one that I settled for was Shopper. It had the best reviews. I paid $0.99.

The second application I purchased was Gesture Dial. It was touted at "The fastest speed dial for the iPhone yet!" I bought this one because it was really cool. It allows you to use a gesture (shape) to either call or SMS one of your contacts. It does work quite well to dial 1 handed while busy doing something else ;-) . I don't know how often I will use this after the newness wears off, but it is still really cool. I paid $1.99.

Another dialing application I purchased was Smart Dial for which I also paid $1.99. There are so many different dialing applications, but this one had good reviewes, and is neat. When you open the application it brings up a phone keypad. Then you start typing in the first or last name of the person in your contacts you want to call using the keypad. As you type in the name, matches from within your contacts are shown then you can click to call.
Note: My husband informed me that the Ericsson/SonyEricsson phones have had this feature since the T28. I tried it on my W850, and sure enough it worked. It does not work on the standard iPhone dial function, so something that Ericsson has is more user friendly than the iPhone :-)

I am sure this list will grow as time goes on since the available applications changes on a daily basis.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see that one, but "Pull My Finger" is there in the Top 25. I guess as long as there is a market, there will be apps.

    ReplyDelete